The IT2ET Education Cluster seeks to deliver an academic and empirical analysis
of how the size and potential of the future enabling technology (ET) market for
primary and secondary education (K-12) in the European Union may be influenced by
educational and technological changes.
The cluster is divided into five Territories of Analysis:
- 1. Emerging and Enabling Technologies seeks to identify key enabling technologies
as well as identifying emerging forms of communication and content sharing as well
as the socializing and community building trends.
- 2. Emerging business models and learning markets will analyze ET and K-12
market developments and potential future investment levels necessary to increase
the value and return on investment in schools, through enabling technologies.
- 3. Policy and strategy aims at delivering an overview over current policies
for more effective and inclusive school performance, through enabling technologies;
as well as analyzing anticipated changes in policy, pedagogy, curriculum and assessment
affecting technology implementation.
- 4. Impact on performance investigates the pedagogical, learning and administrative
impact of enabling technologies on primary and secondary education quality and equity,
social cohesion and employability.
- 5. Indicator development for policy and industry will seek to identify success
indicators for improved K-12 educational performance; including indicators for the
ET industry and indicators for how ET can secure educational transformation.